We’re absolutely thrilled to have illustrator Greer Stothers as a contributing artists on the Dinosaur Crate! In order to get to know her better, we asked her to fill us in on some essential details about herself:
1. Who is someone you admire, and why?
I admire my cat. She’s runty, inbred, albino, and half-blind, and yet rules my house through sheer psychopathy.
If a bizarre, malevolent little worm like that can command respect, it gives me hope for myself.
2. What Motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
Various screaming, hungry animals willing to resort to violence if I sleep in.
3. What publications do you regularly read?
I get most my news online! ‘All the Canadian Politics’ is a blog I frequent (gotta have that daily dose of depression).
4. What’s a goal you have for yourself that you want to accomplish in the next year?
Currently I’m a semi-popular blogger on a dying website; I’d like to transition to YouTube this year so that I don’t lose my audience when the ship finally sinks.
5. What are some causes you care about?
I’m a big Animal Welfare person - which is distinct and separate from Animal Rights, as I don’t think dogs should vote. Qualzucht, or ‘torture breeding’, is something I rail specifically about on my blog, with an example being show-type Persian cats. They can’t breathe, and have brain abnormalities that give them the intelligence of a peeled potato.
6. What would be your personal motto?
"Make good art” – Neil Gaiman
7. Tell us three pet peeves.
I don’t like when adults are afraid to act childish. Snow angels are for everyone.
I don’t like when people draw theropod dinosaurs without lips.
I don’t like that the city of Toronto prohibits chickens.
8. What’s your favorite superpower and is it the one you’d want for yourself?
Shapeshifting, as Animorphs shaped (get it?) my entire childhood. I can’t see a red-tailed hawk without thinking “Tobias!”, and yes I would love that power.
9. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
Either being an obnoxious drunk, or feeding my dog-sized ex-meat-production rabbit tiny pieces of parsley. Preferably, a combination of the two.
10. What’s your favorite Dinosaur?
Chickens are tasty, have fantastic personalities, and come in more colours and shapes than we deserve.
You may find out more about Greer at her website: WWW.GREERSTOTHERS.COM and you can own an exclusive piece of her art by picking up a Dinosaur Crate!